Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mollusk Surf Shop - San Fran, Brooklyn, Venice Beach

I walked into my first Mollusk Surf Shop while skating the Venice Beach boardwalk in Los Angeles in 2008. I was escaping New York City's winter like most east coast natives do. I remember never feeling so impressed by a surf shop before. Everything was perfect about the shop, the vintage surf decor, interesting books, the hand drawn art work on the clothing, the Andy Davis style artwork on the walls. And the surfboards... wow, their surfboards.  I wanted each one. After speaking to the guys chilling behind the counter, I found out they had a store in New York. How could I have not known this? It was located down the block from my Williamsburg apartment, tucked away on a quiet industrial street, right on the water. The Brooklyn building is painted in murals, representing Mollusks standard style of colorful, mixed media style art which they are so famously known for in their products and events. In all my travels, east coast to west, this country or another, Mollusk is the coolest surf shop I've come across. If ever in LA, NYC or San Fran, I suggest checking it out. 






















 











 





1 comment:

  1. Now surf is so easy with KAPOWUI SURF CLUB CALIFORNIA. Provides surf services in CALIFORNIA.
    Surf Shop Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete